Bluework is a simple hand stitching embroidery technique that was popularised in Victorian era. This pack includes two bluework kits.
The kits are stitched in blue perle 12 thread featuring sheep designs and include the phrases “Ewe are my world” and “Ewe light up my life”.
The kit contains two detailed patterns for each of the two designs, and written instructions and stitch diagrams.
The pattern needs to be transferred onto the white cotton fabric, which will then be tacked onto one layer of cotton muslin.
Blue threads within the kits are cut into 50cm lengths, and a John James size seven embroidery needle is also included within the kit.
The two designs have a finished stitch size of 5″x 4″.
- A4 instruction sheet with written instructions and stitch diagrams
- A4 full size pattern
- John James size 7 embroidery needle
- Two pieces of cotton muslin 10″ x 6.5″
- Two pieces of Makower spectrum white fabric 10″ x 6.5″, fabric
- Aurifil cotton Perle 12 thread, 11 metres in dark blue, thread measured into 50cm lengths