We love our brand new moon gazing hare kit. It features a beautiful hare stitched in a variegated brown thread which adds a wonderful depth to your stitches. It is stitched onto a beautiful shade of Makower linen texture cotton fabric on top of two layers of cotton muslin. The moon gazing hare is associated with many ancient myths and seeing one is thought to bring good fortune, creativity and new beginnings.
This beautifully presented kit comes with everything needed to get you stitching; you only need to find tacking thread and a pen or pencil to transfer the full size pattern. The completed stitched size is 21cm x 29cm.
The kit is stitched using Kantha work which uses a running stitch to form the hare, moon, and then the background. The beauty of Kantha is that it is suitable for a wide range of stitching abilities as consistency of stitch is much more important than the size of stitch. As with all our Kantha kits, it is so relaxing to sit and stitch by yourself or in company.
Included in your kit is –
- Blue cotton linen texture fabric 24.5cm x 33cm, fabric
- Two pieces of white cotton muslin 24.5cm x 33cm
- John James size 7 embroidery needle
- A4 full size pattern
- A4 double sided instruction sheet with written instructions and stitch diagrams
- Perle 12 threads in variegated brown, blue, pale silver grey and green.