This hen Kantha kit is a perfect companion to the cockerel Kantha kit. She is stitched using the same brown perle 12 thread and stands in front of a grey fence, all using running stitch. The green grass she stands on is stitching using seed stitch and a slightly thinner 28 weight thread. You will be stitching onto three layers of fabric; cotton spectrum and the two cotton muslin layers.
This beautifully presented hen kit comes with everything needed to get you stitching, you only need to find tacking thread and a pen or pencil to transfer the full size pattern. The completed stitched size is 21cm x 29cm.
Kantha work is an ancient stitching technique that uses a running stitch to form designs in the fabric. Kantha stitching is suitable for all levels of abilities as it is all about consistency of stitch length rather than size of stitch. It is also one of the most relaxing forms of stitching as once the design is traced onto the fabric you are free to do it wherever you wish.
Your kit contains:
- A4 full size pattern
- A4 double sided instruction sheet with written instructions and Stitch diagrams
- John James size 7 embroidery needle
- Makower white cotton spectrum, 24.5cm x 33cm
- Two pieces of cotton muslin 24.5cm x 33cm
- Perle 12 cotton threads in dark grey, brown, light brown, red and green 28 weight thread